Comments: Tricky situations

...."Um....Excuse me miss, but I think they already added chemicals to the water?"

Posted by Cyberevolution on 18 April, 2006 at 2:59 PM

"Do you know there's a silent pee in 'swimming pool'?"

Posted by Mr.D. on 18 April, 2006 at 3:19 PM

'Does that make you a little pig?'

Posted by KW on 18 April, 2006 at 3:19 PM

Sorry - just realised that would have meant she'd already gone home. ;)

Posted by KW on 18 April, 2006 at 3:23 PM

Oh, and also, how on earth did her 'nonchalantly having a pee' make itself known to you? Enquiring minds must know...!

Posted by KW on 18 April, 2006 at 3:24 PM

Well KW, if one is swimming under water with goggles on, in a (previously) very clean pool, of constant depth (1.2m), a spreading orangey yellow substance emanating from someone's nether regions is a dead giveaway...

Posted by Blue Witch on 18 April, 2006 at 3:29 PM

That's why my other half won't go to swimming pools. It had never crossed my mind until I met him!

Posted by Gert on 18 April, 2006 at 3:31 PM

"P!ss off!" or "P!ss out!"?

Posted by blue hat on 18 April, 2006 at 4:13 PM

Well, given that body wastes in swimming pools are a health hazard - at least, so I'm told - so you could always point /that/ out to a person... if she doesn't believe you, well, by then, you've probably got the lifeguard's attention! Heh.

Posted by Thorne on 18 April, 2006 at 6:47 PM

Unfortunately the pool is not a public pool, so isn't lifeguarded.

If she's there tomorrow, I shall be having a few words...

I used to look after the chemicals in my parents pool when I was a teenager - I could always tell when some kind friend (of Brother BW's, undoubtedly) had peed in the pool. Even one small one showed up on test.

When Mummy & Daddy BW were away on holiday one time, lots of friends came round to swim. It upset my chemical balance. I put up a sign saying, "We don't swim in your loo, so please don't piss in our pool." Mummy BW was horrified when she came home, until I explained why. Thereafter, everyone who swam at our house was told to go to the toilet before they swam. Brother BW and I were *so* embarrassed.

Posted by Blue Witch on 18 April, 2006 at 7:56 PM

How could you tell she was weeing? I'm intrigued.

Posted by Clare on 18 April, 2006 at 9:22 PM

Ooh yes, and where did you find the goggles!

Not that I have any particular desire to watch people weeing. But the leaky thing is indeed annoying.

Posted by Clare on 18 April, 2006 at 9:22 PM

Yuk yuk yuk - that does not sound like a good day. I too cannot talk to builders - though I'm about to learn how to....

Posted by birdy on 18 April, 2006 at 9:49 PM

...woman in her 50s nonchalantly having a pee in the corner of the pool.

The fact that a grown woman would do something like that just boggles my mind.

Posted by la pergrina on 18 April, 2006 at 11:14 PM

If we were going to look kindly upon her, which I am singularly disinclined to do, one might suppose that maybe she suffers from some kind of incontinence problem. (probably indueced by having fat instead of muscle in certain crucial areas). As I'm not feeling charitable towards her, all I'll ask is why she feels the need to go to the pool at all if she's going to pee herself like a baby...

Posted by e on 18 April, 2006 at 11:28 PM

Insensitive as it may sound, perhaps if said woman spent more time doing simple things like walking 10m to use a toilet instead of a public pool to relieve herself, she would be less likely to suffer from possible&supposed incontinence problems caused by excess way.

At any rate, it's rude and unhygienic, and any words had by BW would be for the greater public good.

Enjoy your last day of ... well, "quiet"!

Posted by katie on 19 April, 2006 at 12:42 AM

When I was a child they used to tell us that there was a chemical in the water that reacted with pee and made it purple so that everyone would know you peed.

Not such a bad idea, really.

Posted by Jen&HerBoat on 19 April, 2006 at 2:50 AM

Eh, goggles that fit ...
The ones I got were the higher end of what was available (don't remember the brand, sorry) and have silicon seals and straps. They came with different sizes of nosebands, and so are adjustable. ^^
I've had Tyr (swim-gear c0mpany) recommended as carrying effective goggles - however, they may be a little higher end than your wallet will like. :/

Can you buy practical swimsuits (i.e; not frill-bedecked, backless, bikini/tankini or otherwise designed mostly to be seen in) over there?

Posted by Thorne on 19 April, 2006 at 4:54 AM

I once got thrown out of a swinning pool for peeing.

I said but every body does it.

The lifeguard said Yes but not from the high diving board they dont.

Posted by revinkevin on 19 April, 2006 at 11:15 AM

That's appalling, that someone would just stand there peeing in the pool! Ugh. I hope I can scrub that image out of my mind before the next time I go to a pool.

I find it impossible to talk to builders, too. I always feel as though they are regarding me with amusement and/or complete dismissal of anything I might be saying.

Posted by Jamie on 19 April, 2006 at 2:19 PM

you say
"youlazyfatwhorewhydon'tyoutryandfloatfaceupandI'llstandonthepooledgeanddirect mypeedirectlyintoyoureyesyoulazyfatfrickenwhore"

Posted by dave on 19 April, 2006 at 4:02 PM