Comments: The Friday Question

Cold and wet. It's the wettest drought I've ever seen.

Oh, and the first day of this rainy season was the day after they announced the hosepipe ban.

Posted by Lyle on 4 May, 2012 at 1:12 PM

The English summer has set in with its usual severity.

Posted by Debster on 4 May, 2012 at 2:40 PM

Damp and murky.

Posted by Mark Garth on 4 May, 2012 at 3:52 PM

No further spells needed! After what felt like months of continuous rain yesterday morning at 08.15 I ordered a new umbrella. On my way home from work today the sun came out. Why? You may ask. Answer - because my new umbrella had been delivered. And now I can't use it. Well, I could, but I would look silly out in the sunshine with an umbrella up.

Good service though from the online brollie company!

Posted by Alix on 4 May, 2012 at 5:56 PM

We're very smug in north-west England, because we haven't had that much rain at all (and I should know, I work outside all the time) and we've had a couple of scorching days this week. We'll enjoy it while it lasts as we typically get about three times your annual rainfall!

Posted by Laura on 4 May, 2012 at 6:10 PM

Quite nice in Cumbria, not much rain at all. even managed some sunbathing over the last few days - sorry !

Posted by Jean Luc on 4 May, 2012 at 11:01 PM

While we are still technically in a drought , we have gotten a fair amount of rain so far this year in Austin , Texas. The flora is greener now than it was last year but sadly , my beloved barton creek is bone dry. A nonexistent winter and the promise of an even more brutal summer makes for more wildfires and lots of bugs.
Meh...

Posted by rev on 5 May, 2012 at 2:26 AM

Horrible, but no floods. And at least it's sunny this morning.

Posted by Z on 5 May, 2012 at 7:35 AM

Raining, grey and windy. Dog thought twice about going for walk this morning! Watermeadows have been under water, but now draining a little. Have decided to knit grandchildren winter woolies for summer wear!

Posted by Christine on 5 May, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Wet, although we have had the occasional very brief sunny spell. But tht wind is cold... brrr.

Posted by delcatto on 7 May, 2012 at 4:34 PM

Have the ducks showed up in your new pond yet? Ducks always show up in any size area of water out here.

Posted by la peregrina on 7 May, 2012 at 10:37 PM