Comments: WitchDay

Happy Witch Day!

The metal object looks very like the key that opens and locks the dickey seat on the old Rover 10.

Posted by Z on 17 December, 2016 at 6:50 PM

Happy Witchday from me, too - and many more of them.

You're restoring/converting an old London bus? The thingy is the key to the conductor's cubby?

Posted by Sue on 17 December, 2016 at 7:24 PM

I am so sorry BW I forgot your witch day:( hope it was a restful one at least. No idea what the object is x

Posted by Ambermoggie on 17 December, 2016 at 11:13 PM

Spacehoppers in the 70's? I'm not sure.

I can remember folding bikes, though, although maybe not this particular model.

Posted by Temp on 18 December, 2016 at 10:43 AM

There's no gear stick on the chopper? Happy witchday

Posted by Debster on 18 December, 2016 at 10:47 AM

Spacehoppers were definitely 70s - but to my recollection only came in the one colour and didn't have such detailed faces.

Posted by GoodTwin on 18 December, 2016 at 10:58 AM

That's what I think GoodTwin. The 70s ones (cf the ones remanufactured since) were orange and rubbery and had quite different faces.

Posted by Blue Witch on 19 December, 2016 at 10:50 AM

Sue - when he bought it, Mr BW was told it was a key to a Routemaster engine compartment, but I think it is too small and doesn't have evidence of enough 'use'. But it could be the conductor's cubby - did you see them using one like it? Haven't got the bus. Yet. But we will soon have the space for one :)

And Mr BW did definitely say that it was another part for my long-term bus plan (which hasn't been mentioned before... other than in 2006 when we did an extension instead).

Posted by Blue Witch on 19 December, 2016 at 10:55 AM

Happy Witch day BW!

!970's Space hoppers were orange and the faces tended to be the same and very basic as far as I can recall.

That key is very familiar although I was thinking of red post boxes, not the old open platform proper double decker buses. Ding Ding! All aboard... more room on top!

Posted by delcatto on 19 December, 2016 at 6:59 PM

BW - I was going on a very long-ago memory of seeing conductors use something to gain access to the cubby, so not 100% sure. I expect one of DG's readers could identify it for sure if it's bus-related...

Posted by Sue on 19 December, 2016 at 11:13 PM

I did also say that I would buy 1 piece a year. Sort of like those magazines to build a model of a Spitfire in 300 easy to buy magazines at 9:99 each.
Coming to a TV advert in the New Year I guarantee it.

Posted by Mr BW on 20 December, 2016 at 9:26 PM

Happy Belated WitchDay, BW!

Sorry, don't know where I've been to miss this.

Posted by Scoakat on 20 December, 2016 at 10:33 PM

The one piece a year is news to me.

Posted by Blue Witch on 21 December, 2016 at 9:53 AM