Comments: The latest in 'political correctness' gone mad

It's 2 according to the Telegraph.

Posted by Debster on 14 August, 2017 at 5:24 PM

Lovely to see a blog post BW, what will they do with all the cats eyes now I wonder?

Posted by Ambermoggie on 14 August, 2017 at 7:56 PM

Norfolk county council bought a new piece of kit a couple of years ago, which is splendid for mending potholes. And they're one of the few councils that keep resurfacing roads - yes, in the way you say but at least they do it.

I saw something on the internet about cats' eyes being not okay to say any more, but I didn't click through and read it. I just rolled my Z eyes.

Posted by Z on 14 August, 2017 at 9:30 PM

Is this the story:

Posted by allotmentqueen on 15 August, 2017 at 11:49 PM

Interesting.
Not sure what the truth is behind the reasoning, all the main sources seem to have the same story almost word for word which to me looks like a sign that everyone's just cut and paste the same story from somewhere. Such is the way of too much "journalism" these days.

Not on on the Beeb yet, which, as a digression leads me to a happy tale of them updating (but not acknowledging) my correction to) one of their stories yesterday. On a piece about how to get home if you'd no money they had the Dartford crossing as being helpful by allowing you to pay later if you didn't have cash for the toll. Cash for the Toll...haha....this is what happens when you move the Beeb journos out of London :)

Posted by NiC on 17 August, 2017 at 10:11 AM

Interesting. (I have a cat's eye somewhere that I prised out of the unit sometime in the seventies).

Not sure what the truth is behind the reasoning in the story, all the main sources seem to have the same story almost word for word which to me looks like a sign that everyone's just cut and paste the same press release from somewhere. Such is the way of too much "journalism" these days.

Posted by NiC on 17 August, 2017 at 11:38 AM