Comments: The light at the end of the tunnel was an oncoming train

Is it finished yet?

Posted by Debster on 29 October, 2018 at 3:04 PM

Did they come back? Was it finished? Happy birthday Mr BW

Posted by Ambermoggie on 29 October, 2018 at 8:24 PM

2 minutes after I posted this, young boss lady was on the phone saying they (2 qualified electricians this time) were 20 minutes away. They finally arrived at 10.40am, 55 minutes later, full of apologies, but blaming lateness on sat navs never works in my book.

This 'Cornish Time' continued all day: "We're just turning off the mains power for 20 minutes!" just as the budget speech was about to begin (GGGRRRRRR). 70 minutes later, the power went back on. At 6pm Mr BW, noting cables still not into various boxes, enquired how much longer they expected to be. "30 - 40 minutes," came the reply.

They finally left at 7.40pm. 18 hours of electrician working time. That is some kind of bad calculation of job requirements. Given that when they left on Friday it, "Only needs 4 hours to finish the job!" and, "It will only need one of us!" I doubt they will be making any profit on this job at all. Given that they left home at 4am and won't get back until 1am if they have a good run, I am glad they are half my age.

And I didn't even let them vacuum up after theselves. Given that Cleaner BW is on holiday this week, that shows how much I wanted them out of here.

All that said, they do seem to have done a good job.

And let's not mention the scaffolders, meant to turn up this afternoon to take it down, who now say they are coming on Wednesday. *sighs*

Posted by Blue Witch on 29 October, 2018 at 9:30 PM

Sorry it hasn't gone according to plan but do be satisfied upon completion, don't settle for something less than they agreed. Good luck and happy b-day Mr BW!

Posted by Scoakat on 29 October, 2018 at 11:41 PM

Hopefully all fully functioning and you can both relax. A late glass of birthday required! Happy birthday Mr BW.

Posted by delcatto on 30 October, 2018 at 7:19 PM

Thank you for the good wishes and yes despite the frustrations I would choose them again to do the job.

Posted by Mr BW on 1 November, 2018 at 6:19 PM