Comments: Some BW-checked facts

Welcome back, BW! You are nothing if not Classic Blue! In more ways than one, I'm sure. ;)

I know what you see, handwashing-wise, I see it too. I'm shocked often, but maybe that's why I call the "public" the "great unwashed" often. I got that from an old radio show and still use it at times.

We had a second COVID19 confirmed here in town yesterday or so. But the panic is spreading more than the disease, I think. The latest and greatest bug to kill us all. But life goes on, right?

Posted by Scoakat on 11 March, 2020 at 10:19 PM

Thanks Scoakat. Are people panic buying food and toilet rolls where you are? The other day there was a man with 2 trolleys containg 6 x 18 roll toilet roll packs in a local supermarket.

Posted by Blue Witch on 11 March, 2020 at 10:41 PM

Welcome back and congratulations. It looks like you are using this site https://informationisbeautiful.net/visualizations/covid-19-coronavirus-infographic-datapack/ which a doctor friend highlighted to me. I've found it very useful

Posted by Sarah on 12 March, 2020 at 2:23 PM

Thanks Sarah, I hadn't seen that site. I've just been collecting research-based sites as I find them when clicking around.

Posted by Blue Witch on 12 March, 2020 at 5:56 PM

BW, to respond, yes, I have heard of stores limiting quantities of items, hand sanitizer sounds like it's sold out everywhere. And today the proverbial stuff is hitting the fan, big time. I'll surely post about it in the next day or two.

Posted by Scoakat on 12 March, 2020 at 9:59 PM

My favourite spot in newscasts at the moment is people wearing face masks and holding a mobile phone. As far as I can see being constantly attached to the hive mind via one's mobile whilst out in public seems to be the best method of ensuring infection. Touch handrail, touch phone etc. Even if the hands are washed when one reaches one's destination the phone is already there to reinfect.

Posted by NiC on 13 March, 2020 at 9:30 AM