Comments: For years people have been wanting to see a picture of me.

I haven't has mine cut at all since I was about six

Posted by Debster on 4 May, 2020 at 9:07 PM

I used to worry more about posting pictures of myself, but I do it sometimes anyway. Certainly not often, but I have fun with it now and again when I think it's appropriate.

I normally only get my hair cut a couple times a year, spring and fall. I was just starting to think about it when everything shut down, so I'm due but it doesn't really bother me yet. Once they let them open again it may be a while before I can get an appointment as I'm sure she'll be super busy.

And after that last post of myself I may think about coloring away the gray! For some reason it looks so much more brown to me when I look in the mirror.

Posted by Scoakat on 4 May, 2020 at 9:55 PM

I had never cut Mr TLC's hair pre-lockdown, because my hairdresser comes to us and does his at the same time. But we had clippers, so I gave it a go - and it was fine.

Fortunately I had mine cut quite short last time (mainly because it has thinned quite a bit as a result of chemotherapy) so whilst I'm going to have to leave it to grow, it shouldn't get too long. I will be cutting my fringe, first cut planned for for tomorrow. I have done this before. It's not as good as when the hairdresser does it, but it looks OK. Mind you, we aren't going anywhere, so who cares if it looks diastrous?

Posted by Lois on 4 May, 2020 at 10:55 PM

We've done each other's hair for at least 20 years. Goodness knows how much time and money we've saved. You need to consider that isolation will probably go on for a good few weeks yet, so you will either have to endure your hair getting rather heavier and more uncomfortable, or risk self-service in the hope that any accidents grow away by the time it might matter.

Posted by Tim W. on 5 May, 2020 at 7:57 AM

I discovered last week that a "Number 2" doesn't mean the hair length is 2mm.

So currently my hair is *very* short, but on the plus side I no longer have a silver(grey) halo, and I won't need to do it again 'til June. Maybe.

Posted by Lyle on 5 May, 2020 at 8:09 AM

I'm ready with a pair of sheep shearers borrowed from friendly neighbour farmer. :)

Posted by Mr BW on 5 May, 2020 at 8:19 AM

Ah, not just me then!

Tim - good point about sooner I do it the sooner it grows again.

Lyle - our clippers are in mm. I've always wondered how mm tranlates into 'numbers', and now I know, so your 'experience' was not in vain!

Posted by Blue Witch on 5 May, 2020 at 9:07 AM

"Numbers" are actually eighths of an inch.

So a Number One is 1/8th, Number Two is 1/4th inch, up to Number Eight which is (logically enough) an inch long.

So a Number Two works out as about 6.5mm.

Posted by Lyle on 5 May, 2020 at 10:46 AM

...hmm short hair does suit you better, Witchy.

Posted by NiC on 5 May, 2020 at 2:58 PM

No one is touching my hair until my hairdresser does. If necessary, I'll go full 1969 hippy.

interestingly (to me, that is), I took a picture a few weeks ago and again on Monday and the layers are growing out but the overall length doesn't seem to have changed.

Posted by Z on 13 May, 2020 at 9:24 PM