Comments: Saturday update

That is awful work. If that's the best I hate to think what the others are like!

Posted by delcatto on 12 July, 2020 at 10:23 AM

Well, one of the other firms who work in this area (there seem to be 3, and a couple more who will come out from Newcastle, but charge for travelling the hour each way) managed to service the oil boiler just before we moved in (at Vendors' expense - it was one of the things our surveyor recommended) without changing either the injector nozzle or the tank filter. As we found shortly after moving in when the heating stopped working. Luckily Mr BW is well versed in oil boilers, as we've had one down south for over 20 years, so managed, by a process of elimination, to fix it. (NB oil boilers are much less dangerous than gas).

This is the same firm that was supposed to be flushing the radiator system and managed to do it by tipping in chemical cleaner, leaving it a week, returning to drain the system then fill it straight up again (without pressure washing it through), then adding more chemical to keep the system clear. Result: loads of brown sludge (like thick black crude oil) in the bottom of each radiator. The work sheet said that he also 'balanced' the system - but, given that one radiator only had half a pint of water in it, when Mr BW took it off the wall, and another had a stuck on valve, that is not very likely.

Cost to the Vendors for these two bodged jobs - nearly £800.

Posted by Blue Witch on 12 July, 2020 at 8:13 PM

Went out to photograph the comet and scraped the side of the car on a post that wasn't there last time. Couldn't find the t cut so bought more and then found the first lot. And now I can't find my Sd card thingy for the laptop.

Posted by Debster on 12 July, 2020 at 8:30 PM

Comet? I missed that one.
Hope the T-Cut worked on the car.

Posted by Blue Witch on 13 July, 2020 at 7:27 AM

Comet - you haven't missed it yet. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C/2020_F3_(NEOWISE)

Posted by Tim W on 13 July, 2020 at 8:14 AM

It's still visible in the north low down. Comet Neowise. Not really. I've taken the paint right off in places but it's not as bad. If I had a white car I could have used tippex.

Posted by Debster on 13 July, 2020 at 8:46 AM

I am disappointed that they didn't also use at least one standard and one hex screw...they seem to have used all the various cross-head varieties.

Maybe our builders aren't so bad after all.

Posted by NiC on 13 July, 2020 at 9:42 AM

My sister had a kitten from a family of farm cats. Once it grew up a bit you had to wear something on your feet when you came downstairs of a morning - or you might be wearing bunny head/ears/teeth. Anything hungry puss had leftover from its midnight snack!

Posted by Sharon on 16 July, 2020 at 2:17 AM