Comments: That was the week that was

When my tooth fell in half and I had a crown the whole thing was in the region of £700. Write your passwords down somewhere and hide the bit of paper.

Posted by Debster on 20 July, 2020 at 7:57 AM

But have you seen comet Neowise yet? It's been years since I've seen a comet and it made my night to see this one.

Posted by Sarah on 20 July, 2020 at 2:12 PM

Debster - that was the sort of price Mr BW paid for the same thing about 18 months ago. When I have time I shall ring up and speak the the Practice Manager (who I've known for 27 years) about it.

Sarah - no, sadly not, as I haven't had time to work out what time to see it on which day, and there has been lots of cloud around lately! However, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yh1_wHdUx3Y neatly combines ISS and Neowise, so that may have to do!

Posted by Blue Witch on 20 July, 2020 at 3:49 PM

Don't write passwords down! (a) It obviously makes them available to anyone who finds them; (b) even if that wasn't the problem, if any financial institution finds out that you have done this, you are unlikely to win any argument with them about your money; and (c) you'll find that when need them will be the one time that you don't have them with you! Most people, if following the advice for a different password on every site, will end up with 100s, which are difficult to manage manually.

Instead use an online password manager. There are several industry-standard ones out there. you then only have to remember one password (make it a good one!) to have access to all of them, wherever you are.

Posted by Tim W on 21 July, 2020 at 7:01 AM

National Dashcam Safety Portal for submitting dashcam footage: https://www.nextbase.com/en-gb/national-dash-cam-safety-portal/

Posted by Tim W on 21 July, 2020 at 7:14 AM

Re comet Neowise: I went out at midnight in the East Midlands last night to check and take the neighbour who also wanted to see it. It’s now very faint (also the sky wasn’t truly dark) and could only be seen with averted vision. It was still clear in binoculars. Ursa Major is a good pointer and I used the sky safari app.

Posted by Sarah on 21 July, 2020 at 12:48 PM