Comments: Blue Monday

Oh my, looks like you have your second set of 3 and are working on a third set. Sorry, BW, hope it gets better!

Posted by Scoakat on 20 July, 2020 at 8:56 PM

Just saying that I definitely noticed when BW was screaming

Posted by Mr BW on 20 July, 2020 at 9:21 PM

Anything you need apart from throat lozenges?

Posted by Ambermoggie on 20 July, 2020 at 10:15 PM

Morrisons: easier to use email than the phone, I've found. customerservices@morrisons.com

Amazon: are you sure they aren't paying their UK tax? It's the taxation system and rules that are the problem, imho.

Posted by Tim W on 21 July, 2020 at 7:09 AM

PS - I always prefer to complain to anyone by email, as it gives a written record of who said what to whom it things are not resolved at the first attempt!

Posted by Tim W on 21 July, 2020 at 7:11 AM

Thanks Tim, two more useful gems from you re Morrisons contact email and dashcam submission place :)

I agree about email contact usually, but, a moan about online grocery shopping shortages/misdeliveries and getting the couple of quid refund due is (usually) much quicker by phone.

I'm finding that the email systems of most large companies are totally blocked up. 2 weeks for a reply is not unusual now, and then the same again for a reply to a reply.

Posted by Blue Witch on 21 July, 2020 at 7:25 AM

Ambermoggie - luckily we have a cupboard full of honey for sore throats (I'll try not to use yours)! And luckily Waitrose Cellar delivered 24 bottles of wine while we were at Coven Sud.

Posted by Blue Witch on 21 July, 2020 at 7:27 AM

Shopping on line has its drawbacks, as you have made so clear. At least local shops can provide someone for you to scream at.

My Wife is screaming too at the moment. The last Waitrose delivery included a year's supply of Trex. And she is screaming because it was her mistake, not theirs. Typos!

Posted by Temp on 21 July, 2020 at 10:52 AM

Temp - local shops only work when you have some! I recommend soap making with the surplus Trex. It's the best thing. And it usually has a pretty long date on it too.

Posted by Blue Witch on 21 July, 2020 at 8:57 PM

My son works as a delivery driver and he has adhered to the PPE, social distancing etc... Some of the tales he has about the deliveries has either had me chuckling or shaking my head.
I think there is a lot of screaming going on and there will be lots more to come, hopefullylly not you.

Posted by delcatto on 23 July, 2020 at 6:16 PM

All our delivery drivers maintain social distancing, apart from UPS who actually handed me the package this morning. The rest put the parcel by the door, ring the doorbell and retreat. DPD take a photo of my foot in the open doorway, Parcelforce just piss off and Hermes - well, you're lucky if it even gets here. I ordered two lots of 48 toilet rolls from Amazon three weeks ago, on the basis that we wouldn't have to wait in twice. The first pack arrived the next day via the Amazon driver. Hermes said the second pack was out for delivery (why the two packs weren't together I do not know) but then an hour later they had lost them
and Amazon had to fork out for a second package.

Posted by allotmentqueen on 28 July, 2020 at 12:52 AM