Comments: I hope this is the only place online that I will be needing to publish this...

The one good thing is that so far we haven't paid them a penny.

Posted by Blue Witch on 25 August, 2020 at 8:39 PM

Oh, and I forgot, despite promising to be here before 9am, they didn't get here until a quarter to ten.

No apology for being late, or for letting us down yesterday at an hour's notice either, until I said, sarcastically, when they were moaing about getting wet in all the rain, "Well, it was a lovely day yesterday, you wouldn't have got wet had you been here then, as you should have been!".

Posted by Blue Witch on 25 August, 2020 at 8:42 PM

I cannot believe all the bad luck you've had with contractors at Coven Nord. Do Bodgit and Coverit have lots of family in the area? Might explain a lot.

Posted by Scoakat on 25 August, 2020 at 8:59 PM

Sigh small isn’t always best then? So sorry you are having yet another round of rebuild nightmares. I could,swap you still no finalising on house sale despite no chain cash buyer etc. Is this 3 months now?

Posted by Ambermoggie on 26 August, 2020 at 9:27 PM

Scoakat - Bodgit and Coverit are academics, and childless, fortunately for the world. Ineffectual and trusting, without commonsense or understanding of the real world, sums them up.

Ambermoggie - house sales - in a similar position, we got to 18 weeks, then proposed a £30K withhold until paperwork on covenants is completed, scenario, which is still not resolved. I understand your pain.

Posted by Blue Witch on 26 August, 2020 at 9:33 PM

The Flanders & Swann song "The Gasman Cometh" springs to mind...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1dvAxA9ib0

Posted by Tim W on 27 August, 2020 at 8:10 AM

Tim - I'd forgotten that one! We are thanking our lucky stars that this house, like our last, doesn't have gas.

Posted by Blue Witch on 27 August, 2020 at 8:49 AM