Comments: Another day in the life of BW alone at Coven Nord

BW, I didn't comment yesterday, but that doesn't mean I don't care - I was refreshing the page every couple of hours and wincing on your behalf. So glad you decided (Thanks, Tim!) to carry on today.

Posted by Sue on 16 September, 2020 at 12:53 PM

Thanks Sue! If you leave the 'url' box blank, your comment will post straight away rather than going to the sin bin along with all the spam that seems to come my way every day these days.

Posted by Blue Witch on 16 September, 2020 at 2:46 PM

I'd be knocking my hourly scraping rate off their final invoice!

Posted by Sue on 16 September, 2020 at 8:25 PM

Inserts suitable Swear words here. You are having fun aren’t you? Why don’t workmen and trades people want to do a proper job now? They don’t get paid otherwise. And yes Solicitor for our house sale I am looking at you as well.

Posted by Ambermoggie on 16 September, 2020 at 9:39 PM

You're after our 44 week record aren't you Amber? ;)

Posted by Blue Witch on 16 September, 2020 at 11:23 PM

Are Polish builders available up there?

Posted by Debster on 17 September, 2020 at 1:07 AM

Latvians. Much better than Polish. BW, what's the estimated publication date for this book? Can't wait for the next chapter!

Posted by Tim W on 17 September, 2020 at 7:45 AM

The entire saga is something that would've driven me utterly crackers, to be honest.

You're doing a fab job of reminding me of all the reasons I don't want to be a house-owner again any time soon! :-)

Posted by Lyle on 17 September, 2020 at 9:19 AM

Debster - One of the nice things here is that almost all the workmen and delivery drivers are locals. How it should be IMHO. Local jobs for local people. They just need a bit of 'training'. I'm doing my best. Some of them get it, and some don't. I also think that the best Eastern Europeans tradespeople went home long ago, with all the money they made over here, and are frequently now running companies remotely. Certainly in the town nearest to Coven South most of the new-build letting property is owned by EEs who live back in their countries of origin (so depriving first time buyers of any chance of getting on the property ladder).

Tim - Yesterday felt like all-day playground duty, which I haven't done since 1987. It's better today, Chief Builder is back and he's the one with the personal/personnel skills. I'll have to sort the tenses out before publication... no time to manage and proof-read!

Lyle - I am just repeating, "It will be fabulous when it is done!" over and over and over and over again in my head. And it will, once we can get all the workmen out of here, it will be bliss. But yes, for a control freak, the current situation is, erm, difficult.

Posted by Blue Witch on 17 September, 2020 at 9:43 AM

No thanks BW although how many weeks now I wonder? DH rang them just after lunchtime as no word had been had. Surprisingly solicitor was out to lunch and would phone back receptionist said. Guess what?

Posted by Ambermoggie on 17 September, 2020 at 9:28 PM