Comments: Unfinished by Friday as promised, so I have Builders again today

You've answered your own question about the batteries, really.

Why do it at their own expense, when they can do it at yours?

Posted by Lyle on 19 September, 2020 at 11:50 AM

It's weird though, they don't arrive with power tools that need fossil fuel with empty tanks, expecting the client to provide.

Ah... wait... back in Week 1 of their presence, I remember Mr BW having to provide petrol for their compactor when it had run out. He did then get to use it to compact a bit of old garden to make a new patio area though.

Posted by Blue Witch on 19 September, 2020 at 12:09 PM

I've just read through your recent posts and it reminds me why I dislike having workmen in. Hopefully they'll be finished soon and you might get some peace before the next loy arrive.

Posted by delcatto on 19 September, 2020 at 1:51 PM

I don't actually think it's down to deliberately saving themselves on their electricity bills, I think it's down to not thinking/planning ahead.

It's true the batteries don't last very long on some jobs but what if the customer had no power for some reason? That's their day's work gone....that would be my reason to make sure I was charged up before I went to a job.

Posted by NiC on 19 September, 2020 at 7:16 PM

Did they ever come back?

Posted by Sue on 19 September, 2020 at 7:47 PM

NiC - yes, I think you're right.

Sue - see above. Luckily! Despite my doubts, they really did go in search of food, and actually found themselves at Farmer Friend's (with whom we've stayed for the past 15 years) daughter's deli shop. Apparently they queued and waited half an hour to be served, and proclaimed it 'wasn't worth the wait' because the bread was stale and the filling sub-standard. Disorganised, as NiC says about batteries.

Posted by Blue Witch on 19 September, 2020 at 7:59 PM

Glad they came back BW and having read ahead I am so pleased they finished

Posted by Ambermoggie on 19 September, 2020 at 8:06 PM

40kWh on charging batteries in a week? That sounds impossible to me!!

Posted by Tim W on 20 September, 2020 at 3:13 PM

Plus a continuously running electric cement mixer or two Tim, and various other cutty things too.

Posted by Blue Witch on 20 September, 2020 at 6:15 PM