Comments: Journeying

Did I hear mention of a too early dirty word there? Food sounds delicious BW. Safe journeys for you both.

Posted by Ambermoggie on 4 October, 2020 at 10:11 PM

Hope you don't get a lockdown whilst you are South!

Posted by Tim W on 5 October, 2020 at 8:34 AM

We have papers to prove we have livestock, and council tax bills for both places Tim, so I am confident that we will still be able to travel, should there be a 2nd total lockdown. Things are much stricter in the NE than anywhere else but Wales anyway.

We won't be going out, and haven't been going out from here, so hopefully are lurgy free. But, we always travel with all we need to 'survive' (mostly financial stuff), should the worst happen.

BTW have you done any investigation as to the best tariff for us solar panel Ebico users who are now under British Gas as the non-profit Nottingham CC who took over Ebico a couple of years ago have now sold out? And have you heard from BG about the enforced move? I haven't. All I've heard from Ebico is that one stays on one's existing tariff until it runs out (ours does in December), then will be moved onto a BG one, and won't be any worse off. I can't see that as BG don't do 'no standing charge' tariffs at all (and I don't think anyone else now does either?).

Posted by Blue Witch on 5 October, 2020 at 8:59 AM

It's actually the second mention of the year Amber. The first was in February. It's called 'vaccination' (or desensitisation) :)

Might even have an indoor tree this year, with decorations. The thing I hate most about the FOTCR™ is the rampant commercialisation/consumerism and competition to outdo. Up here, miles from anywhere, there is no danger of being annoyed by that!

Posted by Blue Witch on 5 October, 2020 at 9:09 AM

Re Ebico: We did hear from BG, with details of their new tariff for us, which did indeed have a zero standing charge. However I did some more research using my meter readings spreadsheet which analyses the past 12 months, and have moved to M&S Energy (provided by Octopus), which although has a standing charge, appeared to be quite a good deal for our particular usage. (If you are interested in that, I have a referral link which gives us each £50. Won't post it here as it will upset posting this text!)

Posted by Tim W on 5 October, 2020 at 11:04 AM

Thanks Tim - we were with Octopus a few years ago... and got the £50 bonus by recommending Mr BW's Mum (who is still with them). I didn't know M&S Energy were now them - used to be SSE. I shall have to look into it - our situation is a bit complicated as we also have Economy 7, but it's now probably worth looking at a single rate tariff. Did BG contact you because your tariff was up for renewal?

Posted by Blue Witch on 6 October, 2020 at 9:29 AM

Our Ebico tariff was also Economy 7 (as is our new one with M&S). The email we had from Ebico didn't say anything about when our tariff was due to end (actually mid-November); just that the business was sold to BG. We then heard from BG with the new tariff details; if we wanted to go with that, do nothing, otherwise instigate switch to someone else. Which we swiftly did! I'll risk putting a nearly-url so that you can get a quote: mandsenergy dot com slash share slash ideal-guppy-63

Posted by Tim W on 6 October, 2020 at 4:30 PM

Thanks Tim. How long ago did you hear from BG? I had the same email from Ebico, but nothing at all since.

Posted by Blue Witch on 6 October, 2020 at 8:16 PM

Email from Ebico: 5 September. BG: 18 September. Switch to M&S complete: 5 October.

Posted by Tim W on 7 October, 2020 at 7:42 AM

Thanks Tim. Just - finally - had BG email today. Same deal as currently on extended until July 2021. But need to investigate alternatives.

Posted by Blue Witch on 11 October, 2020 at 7:35 PM