Comments: Thought for the day

This made me laugh out loud!

Posted by Tim W on 28 November, 2020 at 8:41 AM

Mr Not-a-Plumber not taking kindly to being chastened by you? :-)))

I do wish you would record some of your encounters like this so that we can all share instead of having to imagine - although the imagining made me smile.

Posted by Sue on 28 November, 2020 at 4:11 PM

It's still making me laugh a whole 24 hours after I first read it Tim. I must say, the email it was written in, in reply to a email tirade from him, with 'signed for' posted copy letter, is really one of our best.

I've just renamed him the "The Spermless Wonder" Sue, as he was remiss enough to overshare a certain procedure he had that (apparently) put him out of (plumbing) action for a week a couple of weeks ago, when we needed him to be here to fit in with other workmen (on our staged project) and he said he couldn't come.

Posted by Blue Witch on 28 November, 2020 at 4:43 PM

The thing is, getting workmen to talk is *so* easy up here. And none of them know what an amazing memory I have for personal trivia, and realise that if they piss me off, it might all come back to haunt them.

I can 'watch' a film, or TV programme, and not remember anything about it 2 days later (it drives Mr BW mad). I can talk with someone and never forget what they tell me. Explain that!

Posted by Blue Witch on 28 November, 2020 at 4:47 PM

I chuckled at your statement 'He said he could come'.

I have an amazing memory for personal trivia too but I gave up with football as a spectator as I cannot remember anything about a match within half an hour of the final whistle. We had a return to nursing student turn up earlier this week & I immediately said "You're the woman who keeps ferrets". She said she couldn't believe I remembered that after we last met twelve years ago. Bizarrely, I do struggle to remember names!

Posted by delcatto on 29 November, 2020 at 4:46 PM

I chuckled at your statement 'He said he couldn't come'.

D'oh!!

Posted by delcatto on 29 November, 2020 at 4:46 PM

delcatto - I think it is a shared professional skill, that remembering personal trivia (although I can do names but not faces). I'm happy that you picked up my double entendre ;)

Posted by Blue Witch on 29 November, 2020 at 6:27 PM