Comments: Update

I'm so sorry to hear, that is a lot in a short time. All my best to you!

Posted by Scoakat on 20 June, 2021 at 7:41 PM

Oh no what a catalogue of woe! I've got the posterior vitreous detachment thing which is annoying. It's like net curtains or windscreen wipers inside the eyeballs. And detached retina is a medical emergency in case you didn't know. Dad had one in the early seventies. I do hope you get everything sorted. How much was the MRI? And do you still have the deafness? I said DO YOU ... Lol.

Anyway chin up and maybe take it easy for a while?

Posted by Debster on 20 June, 2021 at 7:54 PM

I had a detached retina in 2000 so I know what to expect (and I think the gel has finished detaching now as the blanks in my central vision seem to have lessened, without the 'wobbly lines go directly to an ocular A&E' stage). Mr BW is still totally deaf in one ear. No explanation, and the only solution seems to be a cochlear implant at £80-100K, not available on the NHS to people of his age.

I cannot begin to explain how totally shit the NHS is right now - both from personal experience and from info from those I know who work within it, and those I know who are waiting for treatment. It is a dinsoaur, needs reinventing - but how do you reinvent a dinosaur?

Posted by Blue Witch on 20 June, 2021 at 8:22 PM

I'm so sorry, this is all dreadful. We've all had to contact the GP in the last few months and it's all been really helpful - and Wink's optician referred her to the hospital, again, very efficiently sorted out. So I'm sorry that you've had several bad experiences. I do hope all the worries turn out okay in the end.

Posted by Z on 20 June, 2021 at 8:52 PM

Sheesh, that third paragraph packs in more unwarranted woe than most novels. All the very best to you both.

And yet the post ends with an example of your typical determination to get on and make stuff happen, together, whatever.

Go smash it...

Posted by diamond geezer on 20 June, 2021 at 11:11 PM

I really enjoy reading your blog. As with a few other blogs it feels as if I know you as a friend which is strange in a way. So I felt for you both as I read this post and just want to wish you all the very best as you work through the next few weeks. Take care.

Posted by Alan on 21 June, 2021 at 9:30 AM

Ditto all the above.
Let's hope Phase 1 goes well. Looking forward to the updates!

Posted by Tim W on 21 June, 2021 at 12:07 PM

Oh my BW. I’m sorry to hear that, not good at all. You’re right, the nhs might be good for emergencies but anything else and it is slow, unresponsive or fails to address the issues.

I hope things get better for you and thinking of you both. Take care.

Posted by delcatto on 24 June, 2021 at 5:34 AM