Comments: It's nearly there

Gloria Gaynor, I will survive
Peggy Lee, Fever
Elvis Are you lonesome tonight
Splodgenessabounds 2 pints of lager and a packet of crisps please

Posted by Mtr BW on 21 July, 2021 at 8:37 AM

Oh, and Boris's personal theme tune:
IVOR BIGGUN & THE RED NOSED BURGLARS - The Wanker song

Posted by Mtr BW on 21 July, 2021 at 8:39 AM

Let's Get Serious - Jermaine Jackson

There was at least one bat: the old one that turned up to check on the others.

Posted by Tim W on 21 July, 2021 at 8:44 AM

How did you know she was old Tim? She was scared of bees, even bumble bees (one flew round her and she was visible flapping, trying hard not to panic), and spent 10 minutes showing me pictures of her cats on her phone when I was trying to extract info on bats from her!

Posted by Blue Witch on 21 July, 2021 at 12:53 PM

I meant metaphorically!

Posted by Tim W on 21 July, 2021 at 3:31 PM

Loads of bats flying around our house at dusk....pretty sure none are in the house though, I'd have hoped hat a BatPerson would know that.

Posted by NiC on 22 July, 2021 at 3:34 PM

I'm pretty sure she does NiC. But, if you can get £x for doing the 'required by the planning application process, because your client lives in an old house, bat survey', or £x + £y + £z for pretending you saw some bats go into the roof, so that you can also do an application to Natural England for a Bat Licence, education for the builders, and a watching brief while they do the work, why wouldn't you?

We've kissed bye bye to another two grand for just 4 bats, 2 of which are (possibly) living in a part of the roof that we're not touching (over my Inner Coven), and two of which she didn't actually see go into the part we are working on... and which the lack of evidence found during demolition shows that her summation was incorrect.

In the words of Meat Loaf, "I want my money back!"

Posted by Blue Witch on 22 July, 2021 at 7:53 PM

What were the cats like?

Posted by Debster on 25 July, 2021 at 10:39 AM

Black, furry and purry? And needy. The builders love her. Luckily she didn't get in the concrete. She is in quite a few of the pictures, if you look carefully. Omnipresent.

Posted by Blue Witch on 25 July, 2021 at 4:50 PM

I meant the bat lady's cats. Yes you might get paw prints in the concrete.

Posted by Debster on 26 July, 2021 at 10:39 PM

Oh, them! They were weird. Apparently very long bodied and never curled up, even to sleep. Black and tan and white. Can't say they appealed to me!

Posted by Blue Witch on 27 July, 2021 at 6:52 AM