Comments: Another Thrilling Episode of Life Ooop North

But apart from that it's been quite relaxing?! Boy what a saga but at least it all seems to be under control.

Posted by Debster on 26 August, 2021 at 5:16 PM

Oh I a m so pleased to read that final sentence especially BW.Welcome b33s to your new home and finally Mr and Mrs BW welcome to your home.

Posted by Ambermoggie on 26 August, 2021 at 8:34 PM

Ah! And breathe. Well done.

Posted by allotmentqueen on 27 August, 2021 at 12:55 AM

Just need the dovecote and doves now. ;o)

Posted by Darren R on 27 August, 2021 at 2:41 AM

It has been a somewhat stressful week.

Whilst south I visited an old friend of my mum's to collect newspapers for hen bedding and, having given her the update, (as at Tuesday just after I had a call whilst at mum's to tell me about the oil spill) she stopped me with a questioning look.

I had to add, if you are wondering if we are regretting the work and stress, absolutely not.

It still is the best decision we could have ever made. If you look at any of the 'build your old house to new grand design dream home in the countryside' programmes then you will see the trials and tribulations everyone experiences.

We are now firmly in the build process and by choice we would of course have avoided some of the more stressful moments, and I don't doubt there are more of those to come. We already have our dream home but are just making it even better for us. All we need now is for the planning permission for the garage to finally come through 'officially' (we have had the unofficial nod) and to get Mi1dred up here and we are really moving...

As the famous quote goes (at least I think it is famous, can't be bothered to look it up), the things you regret most are the things you didn't try.

Posted by Mr BW on 27 August, 2021 at 7:12 AM

Great news and yes, you can breathe now.

Yay! Buzzy familiars in residence.

Posted by delcatto on 27 August, 2021 at 4:42 PM

Have no regrets.
Having no regrets is never easy, as you have explained.
It's great and going to be even greater.

Posted by Darren R on 27 August, 2021 at 11:59 PM