Comments: Platinum Plans

But what about the Feline Familiar Reunion? That's the important bit of news for some of us well-trained servants :-)

Posted by Sue on 3 June, 2022 at 10:08 AM

The White Feline Familar escaped from the dog crate while Mr BW was moving it from the potting shed to the car. No, I still haven't worked that one out either.

Mi1dred arrived safely though - although all my initial misgivings about using Shiply were confirmed when the bloke told us that Shiply don't check out people offering transport services via their site at all (despite taking 25% of the fee paid). Not even name and address. Mr BW was sensible enough to use someone with hundreds of good reviews over several years, and to speak to him on the phone several times, but it is easy to see how things just vanish.

Posted by Blue Witch on 3 June, 2022 at 10:25 AM

That's one clever cat! Fingers crossed you manage to corral her on the next visit.

Good to hear that Mildred arrived safely: in lieu of a White Familiar scritch, pls offer Mildred a pat on the bonnet from me.

Posted by Sue on 3 June, 2022 at 12:35 PM

Ummm - wei├čer spargel - delicious!!!
I can never read the word 'fertile' without inwardly pronouncing it with Ogden Nash to rhyme with 'turtle'!!
I was trained by followers of Baden Powell, so I know which way up the flag goes. But we're not a very patriotic household, so no particular Platinum Plans here...

Posted by Tim W. on 3 June, 2022 at 4:40 PM

Gruner spargel I think Tim.

I wonder if anyone who hasn't been a scout or guide knows the correct way to fly the flag?

And I hope the Republicans are ready to cope with the absolute power of Johnson and his successors. It won't just be the ministerial code they are unilaterally rewriting.

Posted by Blue Witch on 4 June, 2022 at 6:47 AM

I definitely prefer the white asparagus, grown in the dark!

Posted by Tim W. on 4 June, 2022 at 7:29 AM

It's a comparison with B J that is one reason I'm glad we have a monarch. I mean, even Edward VIII comes out better than he/him

Posted by Sharon on 6 June, 2022 at 1:32 AM

Sharon - yes. I was delighted that he got boo'd going into Westminster Abbey. And he was conspicuous by his absence from other later events.

Posted by Blue Witch on 6 June, 2022 at 6:47 AM