Comments: End of Day 7

Bloody HELL, BW!

"heard a terrific rumble outside" - I was sure you were about to tell us about some vital part of the building (I suppose all parts are quite vital...) that was now horizontal rather than vertical! Hurrah for farmer and grandoffspring, whatever their pronouns are - probably years of experience with it on't farm already ;-)

Posted by Sue on 27 July, 2022 at 9:45 AM

so are they just going to build around the bulldozer ?

Posted by Caroline Greenwell on 27 July, 2022 at 2:52 PM

Probably going to bury it in the concrete, but not until after the Building Inspector has been Caroline.

Sue - we have heard several tales of how 'grandad' was in his youth. I think he thinks grandson may be a chip off the old block.

Posted by Blue Witch on 27 July, 2022 at 3:56 PM

Blimey! I would be having kittens and my hair turning white with that lot going on.

I remember as a 12 year old tearing around the Irish countryside on a tractor, waving to the British troops at the border one day as the Garda turned a blind eye as it was typical of the farming community!

Posted by delcatto on 28 July, 2022 at 8:01 AM

Don't get me started on pronouns!!

Posted by Tim W. on 28 July, 2022 at 10:16 AM

the cab of a bulldozer protruding through the floor of your new entry hall makes for a unique design concept

Posted by Caroline Greenwell on 28 July, 2022 at 11:56 AM

Is it too much to ask for a photo of said stuck bulldozer?

Posted by Sue on 28 July, 2022 at 2:11 PM

Caroline - I've just realised that it was planned all along - Not An Architect the Architect's plan has a blob in the middle of the hall ceiling (the bit that is double height) that says, "Feature light, design to be chosen by client". The yellow and green lights on the top of the bulldozer weren't quite what we had in mind... plus, no-one asked us...

Posted by Blue Witch on 28 July, 2022 at 3:29 PM

Tim - you saw the Dilbert one on that subject in the week?

Sue - coming soon. It's jolly hard to get a picture that fully captures the depths it has sunk to.

Posted by Blue Witch on 28 July, 2022 at 3:31 PM