Comments: Strange happenings

He can't have cut it down on his own but being underage will be dealt with more leniently I guess? This was an expert job for whatever reason which presumably will become clear.

Posted by Debster on 28 September, 2023 at 6:53 PM

I agree Debster, it just doesn't make sense.

If an adult who knew what they were doing cut down a tree that size with a chain saw without removing weight/branches from the top first, they would risk injury, at best. Plus, ropes would be needed, surely?

Mr BW's first reaction was "fresher's week prank" but it is a long way from there to the nearest university.

Posted by Blue Witch on 28 September, 2023 at 7:01 PM

Classic. I'm sure you could've said worse! And now glad you didn't. ;)

The tree thing just makes me sick.

Posted by Scoakat on 29 September, 2023 at 3:26 AM

I'm sure we have all sent something to the wrong recipient at some point! I know I have...

Posted by Tim W. on 29 September, 2023 at 8:44 AM

I was tempted to put something about he's lucky that it wasn't today back in the 1990s as some bright young object of his unwanted attentions would have called him out and he would undoubtedly have been sacked. How times change.

Posted by Blue Witch on 29 September, 2023 at 10:14 AM

Absolutely sickening about the Sycamore tree. Hopefully another can be planted but as you say, it beggars belief that a sixteen year old did this alone.

Hmm, we saw a few of these dreadful sexual predators many years ago when I was a student nurse. I will blog a story about them soon as there was one small cohort of women students who dealt successfully with a couple of them.

Posted by delcatto on 29 September, 2023 at 1:36 PM