Comments: FOTCR™ minus 22

Kitties!

Posted by Debster on 3 December, 2023 at 10:27 PM

The avalanche of black Friday emails seemed to last three weeks. I unsubscribed or binned them.

More scenery and snow.

Posted by delcatto on 4 December, 2023 at 9:24 AM

If my inbox is anything to go by, we are most certainly not in a marketing lull. I now have filters set up so that most of them bypass the inbox and go straight to the archive. Then, when I actually want to shop from such a retailer, I quickly search the archive for relevant emails and use any discount codes etc.

Posted by Tim W. on 4 December, 2023 at 3:30 PM

Be careful what you wish for with a lack of email. For example yesterday within three minutes at 15.30 and 15.33 I had apparently been lucky enough to win a Ninja air fryer from both John Lewis and Sainsbury's. This in addition to my daily countless emails from McAfee telling me my non existent subscription had run out and how they'd discovered my computer had deadly viruses and they were only trying to help!

Posted by Alan on 4 December, 2023 at 4:58 PM

Tomorrow I'd like to hear how your gift buying is going. I spent a couple of hours this afternoon in John Lewis - got what I wanted but oh the stuff in there is so tempting. Not that it was stuff I need or have use for, just tempting.

Posted by Caroline Greenwell on 4 December, 2023 at 7:13 PM

Tim - the availability of discount codes when I need to buy something is exactly why I keep emails too. I've always used a different email address for purchases, and I did used to filter within that but now I just filter if I want something. I wonder if there is a correlation between keeping physical things in case they are useful and keeping emails?

Posted by Blue Witch on 5 December, 2023 at 7:44 AM

Caroline - your wish was my command :) I last went on a John Lewis in 2018. If I go in that sort of shop, I just take photos for ideas of things to make or particular designs that might be the basis for a future project. Luckily I am easily satisfied. Hopefully I might soon have time for some creativity!

Posted by Blue Witch on 5 December, 2023 at 7:49 AM

Pretty pics and felines will be borne in mind :)

Posted by Blue Witch on 5 December, 2023 at 7:50 AM

I went on a HHA tour yesterday in Wiltshire and both houses had cats. The people in the second house seemed keen to give me theirs.

Posted by Debster on 5 December, 2023 at 3:03 PM

So are you now a cat servant again Debster?

Posted by Blue Witch on 5 December, 2023 at 5:00 PM