Comments: Gigabit cometh

Both my Gmail account and my Hotmail account are accessed by Thunderbird. HTH.

P.S. IMHO - If Netenyahu continues to attack Gaza after Hamas has returned the hostages then you can accuse him of genocide.

Posted by MikeR on 3 March, 2024 at 1:47 PM

I take a totally apolitical view on war Mike. Anyone who kills anyone else is always going to incur my humanitarian wrath. Two wrongs do not make a right.

Posted by Blue Witch on 3 March, 2024 at 2:11 PM

I use Thunderbird on the pc to save emails. I have a Gmail account but also still my old virgin blueyonder email address. While I can no longer access it directly it still works 9 years later despite Virgin saying it would stop after 6 months. I have everything forwarded automatically from Gmail to blueyonder and that is on the pc to sweep up anything that also gets sent to the old address. I can send stuff from it too but cannot change my password. Not everything gets through. Some things go into spam which I can access on the phone and put them into the inbox and some just ... disappear. I can always resend from Gmail which then works.

Posted by Debster on 3 March, 2024 at 3:27 PM

There's also mail dot com. You can choose both parts of the email address provided they aren't already taken. So you should be able to get something like blue at witch.com

Posted by Debster on 3 March, 2024 at 3:30 PM

Thanks Debster.

Are we therefore concluding that I should be able to receive from other email accounts using a gmail account (server), but the ability to send from those other email addresses via gmail servers is uncertain? Have I understood that correctly?

Posted by Blue Witch on 4 March, 2024 at 2:48 PM

Set one up and give it a whirl.

Posted by Debster on 4 March, 2024 at 3:14 PM

I have my own domain and use Gmail to receive and send. It seems to work well, but of course violates your "never use the cloud" principle. In fact I use several IDs before the @, and they each go to separate Gmail addresses.

Posted by Tim W. on 5 March, 2024 at 8:39 AM

Thanks Tim. Now I have no excuse not to set it up...

I don't mind things being temporarily in the cloud, but I would never store things there.

Posted by Blue Witch on 5 March, 2024 at 10:06 AM